Think of Us as Your Safety Net for All Your Business Insurance Needs

Running a successful business takes a lot of hard work and dedication. At B&J, we are dedicated to keeping you, your staff and your assets safe. Our independent agents specialize in commercial insurance. They're here to guide you in selecting the right types and amounts of coverage to keep your financial risk at bay.

To assess your risks and make sure you have the right commercial insurance in place, we evaluate each business with a FREE savings analysis in order to recommend a plan that's customized to meet your specific needs. Every business, large or small has unique risks. By understanding risk, we can recommend the right coverage.

Factors we review include the following:

•Your individual business needs
•The number of employees you have
•If they drive during the day to perform specific job duties
•Employees who handle money or other expensive merchandise
•Is heavy machinery used
•The security of your data and intellectual property
•Your building, equipment and safety factors
•Dangerous chemical or substances
•If you serve food or alcohol

Our clients range from single contracting businesses to multi-million dollar corporations. We serve a multitude of industries including manufacturing, construction, real estate, financial, medical, and retail to name a few. Our agents will review and compare policies and quotes from multiple business carriers to find the right fit for all your business needs.

Our business insurance expertise includes but is not limited to:

Property and Casualty

Covers loss or damage to a business's property due to fire, storms or other causes.

Professional Liability or Malpractice Insurance

Covers professionals against loss due to wrongful acts, negligence, and advice and services that lead to another person's loss or injury.

General Liability

General Liability covers third party liability claims for injuries against other people.

Workers Compensation

Covers employees that are injured or ill while working on the job.

Commercial Vehicle and Commercial Truck Insurance

Covers commercial vehicles and drivers for collision, property damage, personal injury, liability, and comprehensive or other than collision. Personal Insurance will not cover autos if they are owned by a business.

Directors and Officers Liability

Similar to errors and omissions insurance, Directors and Officers insurance cover individuals that sit on the board of corporations or non-profits. It covers claims resulting from managerial decisions that have adverse financial consequences.

Equipment Insurance

It covers replacement or repair from damage caused by power surges, mechanical breakdown, and operator error. Equipment Insurance is also referred to a boiler or machinery insurance.

Employee Dishonesty

Covers a business in the event an employee steals from the company. This covers employee fraud and embezzlement.

Bonding Insurance

Bonding insurance is a third party guarantee that covers loss in the event a contract is not fulfilled.

Umbrella Insurance

A business umbrella policy is an additional policy that adds extra protection where your business auto liability, general liability or other liability coverage stops. Umbrella insurance provides extra coverage against bodily injury and/or property damage.

Cyber Crime Insurance

Covers loss of important data and financial records.

What are the differences between being bonded, licensed and insured?


A bond is a third-party guarantee promising to pay if a contractor does not complete a job as required or contracted. Bonds come in various forms, and are financial guarantees that the bonded business will satisfactorily fulfill the work they were contracted to perform. Bonding is typically required by builders, government and commercial entities. As an example, if a bonded contractor abandons a job before completing the contracted work, the contractor's client could make a claim to be compensated so work can be completed. A bond should not be mistaken for business insurance. A bond, for instance, will not reimburse for damages to property or to a person resulting from the work performed. In many states, being bonded is a prerequisite to obtaining a license.


In most states, a license is required to do any type of skilled labor on another person's home or business. If a skilled contractor performs a variety of tasks, they may need to obtain a general contractors license. States may impose specific requirements such as minimum education, work experience or in some cases an exam in order to obtain a license. Once the license is secured, it must be displayed on any promotional materials or ads. The Department of Labor and Industries lists licensed contractor's names and numbers. The Better Business Bureau lists license numbers as well. Both organizations display performance history and will indicate if they're current with insurance or if any judgements have been placed against them. A building inspector could halt work on a project if it's being done by improperly licensed contractors.


Most commonly understood, insurance protects against damage and injury while a worker is performing on the job. There are different types of insurance. Workers Compensation is vital to protect homeowners from injuries incurred while workers are present in the home. Commercial General Liability or (GCL) protects a homeowner from bodily injury, property damage or personal injury. If there's damage or loss to a structure or home due to contractor negligence, the homeowners property insurance my not cover the damage. That's why it's important that a contractor has insurance so claims are filed against their insurance company instead of yours.

In conclusion, it's vital that when working with a contractor, they are bonded, licensed and insured to protect again loss, damage or injury. In the event that something does go wrong, they offer protection and peace of mind.

Contact Us

Thank you for visiting our website. Please fill out the following form to request information about our products and services or to provide feedback